Before you embark in a learning journey, here are some advices:
- The first advice is to evaluate what new skills and concepts you wish to learn.
- Believe that you can learn and accomplish new tasks and learn new things.
- Believe in yourself.
- Don’t let the opinion of others about you determine your future!
- Determine what work you would like to do, get ready to start learning about the new concepts.
- Ask people who do a job, how is that work, what they do, what are their tasks at that work. By doing this you can evaluate if you want to really perform that job.
- Remember that learning technical concepts is not an easy task.
- Do not assume you know something if you have not studied the matter.
Knowing Computer Literacy is a must in the technical world we live in!
- THE MOST IMPORTANT THING to know is HOW TO BE SAFE IN THIS COMPUTERIZED WORLD.
- If you use a computer, a smart phone or a tablet, you must be aware that there are hackers out there that want to steal your identity and bank funds. Be aware that when you are using a computer, a smart phone or a tablet, your one step into the Internet.
- The Internet has many good things to offer, but it also has dangers you need to know so you can avoid being hacked or be exposed to identity theft.
- You must know Internet and Web Security in order to know how to be safe in the Web.
- You should be prepared to accomplish new skills in this computerized era. As employees, workers, and managers, we all need to be proefficient with the use computer skills, and obtain the best results from the programs used in the business operations.
- In our current era and for the continuing work we need to accomplish, it is necessary to have proven knowledge of how to computer applications.
What are the computer skills needed to get you hired and maintain employability?
Basic Computer Skills
The basic computer skills are:
Windows 10 for Computer Users: That is, you must know how to use the Windows or Mac interfaces, and know how to perform computer tasks.
- Be familiarized with the computer hardware and how to navigate the Start Menu and Desktop programs.
- Know how to browse safely on the Internet.
- Being famiiar with all the keys that are used in the keyboard, as well as how to use the mouse.
- Knowing how to create files and folders and how to rename files and folders, as well as knowing how to name and find files.
Beginning Windows 10 for Computer Users:
- Learn the concepts and skills needed to use of a Windows 10 computer.
- Knowledge and skills to use the Start Menu, Desktop, Data Storage, and Multitasking.
- Learn to copy, paste, and cut data from one section of a file to another section of a file or to copy the data into another file.
Intermediate Windows 10 for Computer Users:
- Learn to manage programs, working on the Internet, music, photos and films. Keeping the computer stable and safe from viruses.
Word Processing Skills
Word Processing skills are:
- Word processing skills are used in the workplace to create memos, reports, provide data in tables and graphs.
- Know how to selecting and copying text.
- Be able to manage documents in the business environment.
Learn the different tabs of the Word Ribbon, the Mini Toolbar, text editing, selecting and copying text, structured documents, applying tabs, creating tables, section breaks, bage background, pictures and graphics.